Media Protocol is a blockchain-based system that enables individuals to create their own marketplaces and generate revenue through transaction fees. Designed to connect clients with providers and facilitate direct interactions, these marketplaces allow users to buy or sell virtually any type of digital or physical goods and services.
The mechanism is straightforward: users can register as providers to list their products or services, while others, acting as clients, can browse and engage with these offerings.
The protocol is implemented as a set of persistent, non-upgradable smart contracts, which will be deployed across all major permissionless blockchains. This widespread deployment underscores the protocol's emphasis on censorship resistance, security, self-custody, and independent operations, free from the constraints of intermediaries.
- Instanceable: Users can initialize their own marketplaces and set multiple parameters, including the transaction fee percentage and the fee receiver.
- Permissionless: Both the protocol and the marketplaces initialized through it are accessible to everyone, requiring no permission from a central authority.
- Peer-to-Peer: It enables direct interactions between users, eliminating the need for intermediaries, and promoting censorship resistance.
- Immutable: The protocol is implemented as a set of persistent, non-upgradable smart contracts, ensuring consistency and reliability.
- Decentralized Governance: Managed by a decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) controlled by its user community.
- Multi-Chain: The protocol is deployed across multiple blockchains, providing flexibility for users to engage on their preferred chain.
- Uniswap Integrated: It allows providers to register and clients to pay for goods and services using any token with available liquidity on Uniswap or in Uniswap-compatible pools.
- Billing System: Offers a user-friendly system for managing payments and billing. It allows providers to create subscription-based or one-time payment offers and set parameters like usage limits, minimum subscription durations, and cancellation policies.
Where can I dive deeper?
Media Protocol is a P2P system anchored on public blockchains. Although its inception traces back to the Media Foundation, we wield no centralized sway or supremacy over it. Once activated, it sails autonomously, resistant to tweaks or interferences by its originators, the foundation, or any external entities. Always approach the smart contracts with diligence and informed caution.